Monday, November 20, 2006

On a lighter note...goats!

The following is a real post from craigslist:

Goats Wanted


Reply to:
Date: 2006-11-20, 8:32PM PST


Once again i looking for goats, never thought i would have such a hard time finding goats. I will give them a wonderful life, they will have 60 acres of berry brush and grass/weeds, they will drink fresh water straight from a year round creek, or from the river, they will also have a large barn to seek shelter if they like.
So if you have a goat that needs a new home, please let me know. I am able to pay a small adoption fee, i am looking to have a small herd.

Only stipulations: They must be healthy, and they must love children, and have a pleasant disposition, and love attention especially from children!


*****************
Never thought he'd have such a hard time finding goats? And how does he intend to find out if they love children? The hard way? And since when do goats come with an adoption fee?

I realize I'm a suburban kid, but, um, this is a little weird.

Not as creepy, though, as posts I've seen making people promise that, having received said goats, they will not EAT THEM.

I am not making this up.

This is what I get for looking at the "items wanted" section on craigslist.

But if it made you all laugh, it's worth it. And hey - maybe it made you realize your ambition in life is to help him with a small herd. (If so, don't tell me. I don't want to know.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is his way of saying that he looks on the goats more as a surrogate wife and mother to his children than as a food source.

Personally, I'd rather that he just ate them.

Darth Weasel said...

all part of his secret plan to rule the world...a plan involving goats, children and books about what a plan to rule the world using goats and children would look like if written by someone who actually had a plan to rule the world using goats, children and books about goats and children.