Monday, November 19, 2007

More from the 70s...


If you, like me, were born in the 1970s, you watched Sesame Street.

Scratch that, you LOVED Sesame Street.

Especially the muppets.*

Except that one big, whiny, yellow one that just annoyed the ABSOLUTE FUCK out of you.

Sorry, Carrol Spinney, I loved you as Oscar the Grouch. And I loved all of the other monsters. I have, on many occasions, imitated Cookie Monster (both the voice and the vice.) Unlike many others of my generation, I remember Harry Monster and Telly Monster. I also adored Grover, even though he was wishy-washy and sounded suspiciously like Yoda from Star Wars ... and I knew Elmo way before he was ticklish.

But just like that shirt that came out when I was in high school with Burt doing Ernie, there are some things that you just can't help laughing at...

*Disclaimer: I am a vegetarian. I've also never eaten a muppet.

2 comments:

JLee said...

Man, I loved that show! I learned a lot too...even some Spanish! lol

Darth Weasel said...

Wow, The Street is getting better and better. I am not sure if Bert & Ernie have come out yet, but Oscar is getting help with his addiction and the bird no longer has the screetching voice.

and this post was brought to you by the letter B and the number 0