Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'll probably go to hell, but...


I wrote a couple of friends about this, but I just had to share with the rest of you...

As you know, I cannot stand it when people completely lack common sense. So I don't feel bad laughing at them, on occasion.

Yesterday was a case in point. I'm waiting for my dental appointment and I'm sitting about 20 feet away from the front desk, so I can hear their phone calls. This one pricked my ears:

Receptionist: "Yes, hello Randall."

Pause.

Receptionist: "Did you use SuperGlue?"

Pause.

Receptionist: "Yes, if you used SuperGlue, you'll need a new partial.
And because you used SuperGlue, our responsibility for the partial is
null and void."

And some tiny (well, more than tiny) part of me hoped, "Dear God, can this be my ex Randall? Pretty, pretty please?"

And I e-mailed my stepmom about it, who one-upped me pretty good:

"Too bad it wasn't the proctologist and a corn cob...and my ex on the phone."

An extra "merci!" to my friend K, who sent me this fantastically appropriate picture...

19 comments:

Senorita said...

That is the most awesome LOL cat picture EVER ! I think I might even steal it sometime, of course after I cite my sources !

People are so flipping stupid, it never ceases to amaze me.

Ileana said...

Superglue?? You have to be kidding me! lol

That kitty photo is priceless, btw!

Fireblossom said...

lolcats totally rule.

Darth Weasel said...

In the words of Animaniacs, it's time for another round of good idea, bad idea:

the bad idea would be sticking something toxic in your mouth. I will have to get back to you on the good iea portion of this, as soon as I figure it out

Riot Kitty said...

S: I know, right! About the lolcat AND the stupid people...
Ily: I wish I was. It's all true!
FB: :)
Darth: I'll be waiting...

RA said...

The picture is priceless! :D
Yes, there are a lot of truly stupid people around. So stupid in fact, that it is not funny anymore. Ever watch the Funniest Home Videos? :(

Lynn said...

Randall superglued himself into the bye bye money train! :)

G. B. Miller said...

Superglue.

Umm...yah.

MacGyver he ain't.

Mr. Green Jeans he is.

What. A. Stupid. Fuck.

Anonymous said...

One in a million chance doc, one in a million.

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds like the sort of thing I'd do, but then I have no common sense at all.

Mike_D said...

Wow. Just wow...

I get something similar when people write in their books and wonder why they can't return them.

Your stepmom is funny. Don't think I ever met her...

Riot Kitty said...

RA: I know, but this time it *was* funny!
Lynn: Oh, if only it was my ex. He's not old enough to have a partial, but certainly dumb enough to have tried what this guy tried...
G: Exactly!
WIGSF: Well...here's hoping!
Joey: You wouldn't - especially after they told you up front not to!
Mike: She *is* funny. You'll meet her sometime!

Green Tea said...

That is hilarious, I have a few ex's that I would love to see on that phone too :)

Granny Annie said...

Sometimes I forget that you are a tad bit evil:)

Riot Kitty said...

GT: I think we all do!
GA: Just a tad ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aliceson said...

Ha! I love it all!

Holland said...

It's Monday morning and your post made my day already!

Riot Kitty said...

A: I know, right? :)
H: Yay!