Monday, March 24, 2008

Sweet story of the day



OK, call me a sap, but this story about the world's tallest man is truly heart-warming.

Haven't we all, at some point or another, felt like we didn't fit in, or didn't belong? My mother told me that when she was in elementary school, she seriously thought maybe she was from another planet! That, she reasoned, would explain why she didn't fit with the rest of her family...

When I was in college I told a friend that I felt like I was nobody's kind of girl. "Of course you are!" she said. "It's just that none of them can have you."

That felt like a million bucks...compared to a friend who said, a few years later, that maybe I "wasn't meant to be with any one person romantically, but just a really good friend to a lot of people." Ouch.

He was wrong, obviously, and his wife still hasn't figured out that he's gay!

I still have people comment that I'm "out there," "something else," or a bit different, but you know what? I'm happy about that now. I don't see myself as weird, but why be dull?

Anyway...I thought it was sweet that people all over the world have come out to befriend this man in the Ukraine, who is now hoping to meet his soulmate.

Good luck, sweetie!

7 comments:

JLee said...

You could argue that being labeled "weird" is just being interesting. There is no normal really. Thanks for sharing this story!

Green tea said...

I needed that this dreary morning..I hope he finds that soul mate..

Darth Weasel said...

I wonder who is "normal"?

Hint: Not I

and as far as you not being with any one person...I guess it is a good thing Mr. Riot Kitty is schizophrenic...

Jessica said...

I used to have a T-shirt that said "Normal is boring." I wore if proudly.

I'm sure if the tall man really wants to find love he indeed will.

(I'm dating someone who's a foot taller!)

Ms. Junie said...

Normal IS boring..that is for sure. I liked this story..and hope that tall guy does find his soul mate!

vivavavoom said...

so funny because I was just thinking how cool of a blog buddy you are. no BS, very open and always leaving great comments. you just are special....and I do not mean the short bus special....that makes it harder to find 'the one'. but it sounds like you did.
hopefully this guy will find the right one too.

besides, who the hell is "normal"?

Riot Kitty said...

Thanks everyone!

Jessica: How tall? My husband is almost a foot taller than me (I'm 5'3", he's 6'.)

Contrary to what Darth says, he isn't schizophrenic... ;)

V: V. cool! I was just telling Mr. Riot Kitty last night what a great writer you are - he read your Easter bunny blog and laughed his ass off. You must be cool, too, because JLee said you have the same first name as me :)