You know why it's called "Old Man Winter" - winter is like an annoying, rude old codger who won't shut up or lay off. Just as you think you've gotten rid of him...Pow! Back he comes to indefinitely annoy the shit out of you.
There is a reason I no longer live on the East Coast: I hate winter.
The past two days, we've had snow and hail. I live in a "banana belt" part of the Pacific Northwest (meaning the idiot who named it, thinking we were part of the "warm" area, needs to have a banana shoved up his ass.) Translation: it's not supposed to fucking snow here in March!
I am tired, which makes me crankier than usual. (Stop snickering!)
So why do I hate winter? Let me count the ways...or the whys.
1. It's cold.
2. This means I can't wear sandals. I hate wearing socks.
3. It's too cold to enjoy ice cream.
4. When a few flakes of snow fall, all hell breaks loose - and people in this area can't drive to save their lives to begin with.
5. More than likely, it's grey.
6. If it's not grey, it's cold enough that you're freezing your ass off.
7. I like iced coffee. I still get it when it's cold. The difference between ordering an iced coffee in winter and ordering it any other time of year? "Heeeeeeeeeey, ICED COFFEE? It's COLD!" No shit.
8. It doesn't apply to me - this was a guest suggestion - shrinkage. The guest shall remain nameless.
9. I am not a polar bear.
10. Geez, isn't 9 enough reasons? What do you want from my life?!