Monday, March 16, 2009

Still mouthing off by accident


I am going to have to fire my little social editor for falling down on the job again.

Well, she's not all bad - when was the last time you heard of anyone making an insurance benefits administrator laugh?

Open enrollment - what the hell does that mean anyway? There's only one insurance company to choose from!

Anyway - I decided $6 per month was a small price to pay for life insurance, in case a piano falls on my head or something like that.

Benefits administrator: "And the benefit doubles to $__ if you die in an accident."

I think I blinked.

Me: "As opposed to on purpose?"

Benefits administrator: "Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!"

Clears throat.

"Um, no. As opposed to...if you...die of cancer."

Pause.

Both of us: "Hahahahahahahaha!"

Darth, it was so tasteless and inappropriate that I thought of you.

8 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I knew you were the sort who laughs at death. At my job, they like to harp about "unplanned accidents", and I always wonder, is that opposed to regularly scheduled accidents?

Lovin that kitty in the picture, that's priceless. :-)

Granny Annie said...

How did you find a picture of a cat that looks like an Insurance Salesperson?

Scarlet said...

I love it! You're going to live forever with that sense of humor, Chica!

Love your kitty pic, btw. Clever.

LL Cool Joe said...

Is that a photo of a dead cat too? However it died, that's how I wanna go too. With a smile on my face.

Riot Kitty said...

JOEY! No, it's not a dead cat, you fucker!!

Darth Weasel said...

yes indeed, that is exactly my type of humor. in a college course I once did a writing assignment in which people debating the moral value of euthanasia were all killed when a Janitor unplugged their life support. I still laugh when I think about it. Why would people think I am sick? I am confused...

listen for azure said...

Six bucks a month. For the cost of two mochas, you bought peace of mind. That the kitties will be rolling in the fresh meat should you meet an untimely demise.

I wouldn't tell the fuzzy guys.... they can be awfully devious.

Claire said...

Brilliant.

Cxx