Monday, June 15, 2009

Which one should it be?

I was going to title this post, "Let's take a vote," but apparently I've already given a post that title.

So I haven't decided what I want my third tattoo to be...and I've been thinking about it since 1999! I'm serious!

It has to be on the right side of my body - for balance, because I have a star on my right shoulder and a vine without leaves around my right arm.

I'm thinking either near my left ankle or on my left shoulder.

A seahorse? (Only known species where the males have the babies.)

OR

This symbol I saw on JLee's blog, which means "power/force/strength" in Japanese (unless, JLee, you already got it!)

OR

A griffin. Just because I like it. And there's one in the coat of arms that accompanies my last name. (It would be black and not this big - but google image search for "griffin" turned up Family Guy characters.)

OR
The Japanese kanji symbols for cat:

So what's your vote? If you don't care for tattoos - well, this is your chance to have your say about someone else's. ;)

17 comments:

ZIRGAR said...

Combine the three into one tattoo :-)

LL Cool Joe said...

I like the Japanese symbols. I love the one that Melanie C has on her arm.

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/388/19/melaniescarlet.0.0.0x0.400x533.jpeg

I have 2 tats.

Aliceson said...

I love the seahorse! I don't quite understand those symbol tattoos. I know they mean something but unless you tattoo the word power/force/strength to your bod, I think you'll get a lot of questions to the tune of "so, what does that mean?"

Darth Weasel said...

maybe the Griffin could be chasing the Seahorse...and knowing your Family Guy figurine penchant, perhaps the chase could be to catch him for, ah,...uh...hmm..."inappropriate purposes"..

Logical Libby said...

Seahorse. Or, a Griffin eating a seahorse, while getting a Japanese symbol tattooed on it's back...

listen for azure said...

*whispers*

That cat symbol would look awfully nice...

Claire said...

I like the seahorse. And I've never ever seen a seahorse tattoo!

Cxx

Grandpa Eddie said...

I think you should get the kanji symbols for cat....that would suit a Riotous Kitty very well.

Scarlet said...

El gato, of course...but the seahorse is symbolic as well. I'm torn between those two.

Riot Kitty said...

For those of you who actually made SERIOUS suggestions, I suppose I could get two ;)

I have no intention of being covered, however.

Shionge said...

Another gutsy lady - You Go Girl :)

I think the griffin is too big and too messy from far.

Cat is nice and so is the seahorse but 'Li' which happens to be a chinese character symbolises strength and may the force be with you RK :D

Now..show me your star :)

You Gals are so cool :D

Anonymous said...

Japanese symbols have been overdone. I would get the griffin trying to make it with the sea horse or something along those lines since your favorite word is "fuck."

I had considered a second tattoo... but that would be more for me to remove when I'm 65 and flabby.

Susan English Mason said...

I'll vote for Griffin. That's my grandma's maiden name.

Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Try spelling it "gryphon" on Google.

Sometimes it's a good idea to triple-check any Japanese character before inking. Unintentionally hilarious Japanglish may result. One line off in a single character could change cat to cathouse. Ya never know. But the Japanese do have a sense of humor...

I kinda like pictographs, myself...
.

themom said...

I love the Chinese symbols. I have always wondered if they truly mean what they are designated. I would hate to get one for "cats" and it means "diarhea." LOL. I have three tats, all tribal (blakc ink only), and am contemplating a 4th. I do love the symbol for cats though. There's my 2cents worth.

Riot Kitty said...

You know, that is a really good point about near-misses in other languages :)

B said...

Seahorse. Mos def.