Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Like diamonds and pearls...
Joey inspired us with his post about pearls...or rather, magical moments that stand out in your memory. Pheromone Girl also posted about her pearls... And I was flattered to be on that list!
So here are some of mine, in no order in particular...
1. Having lunch with her at a place I had never been before and having it click that I had a new friend.
2. Leaving my dorm in NYC, right as it started pouring...then getting umbrellas as gifts from people who were coming in from the storm.
3. Having the all the lights go out and hearing the song, "Happy, happy birthday, baby," while a waitress brought a dessert with a sparkler on my 21st birthday.
4. Realizing with Mr. RK, over nachos at 3 am, that this was it!
5. Telling my least favorite relative by marriage (who was a wife-beating son of a bitch), "One more thing. Go fuck yourself!"
6. Sitting on the roof at 2 a.m. at a summertime party in college, getting complimented on my silver dress by a guy with no sexual agenda (for my gender, anyhow.)
7. Having cheesecake with Mike D, and hanging out in Central Park talking for quite a long time, even though it felt way too short.
8. Overhearing someone I detested at work complain, after picking up her lunch and bringing it back to work, "Damn! They gave me all of the white parts of the lettuce in my salad!"
9. Laughing so hard with my friend Ward, over scrambled eggs in a diner in NYC, that I almost started crying.
How about you?