Monday, July 28, 2008

Your life as a movie soundtrack


My friend Mike D gave me this one...I tag all of you! Pardon the cheese, but I grew up in the 80s, you see...

SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR (my) LIFE:

1.)OPENING CREDITS: The Bitch is Back - Elton John

2.)WAKING UP SCENE: Blue Sky - Patty Griffin

3.)CAR DRIVING SCENE: Brand New Car - The Rolling Stones

4.)HIGH SCHOOL FLASHBACK SCENE: Cold As Stone - A-ha

5.)NOSTALGIC SCENE: Ticket to Ride - The Beatles

6.)BITTER, ANGRY SCENE: Kiss That Girl Goodbye - Sheryl Crow

7.)BREAK-UP SCENE: Closer (NIN)

8.)REGRET SCENE: Annie Lennox's Cover of Castles Burning

9.)NIGHTCLUB/BAR SCENE: Blue Jean - David Bowie

10.)FIGHT/ACTION SCENE: Siouxie and the Banshees - This is a Happy House
(it would be an argument scene, actually)

11.)LAWN MOWING SCENE: Ha! As if!

12.)SAD, BREAKDOWN SCENE: Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

13.)DEATH SCENE: My Immortal--Evanescence

14.)FUNERAL SCENE: Instrumental song from the Dracula Soundtrack

15.)MELLOW/POT SMOKING SCENE: Mellow - no pot smoking here - but if I had to have one, Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat - Bob Dylan

16.)DREAMING ABOUT SOMEONE SCENE: Manic Monday - The Bangles

17.)SEX SCENE: Not answering this one because the little bro reads the blog!

18.)CONTEMPLATION SCENE: One is the Loneliest Number - cover by Aimee Mann

19.)CHASE SCENE: Theme from Ironman (but who would I be chasing? Ben & Jerry's?)

20.)HAPPY LOVE SCENE: Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith

21.)HAPPY FRIEND SCENE: B-52s - Private Idaho

22.)CLOSING CREDITS: Walking With A Ghost - White Stripes

7 comments:

Claire said...

Nice! I've done this one before on myspace or similar, but may give it another whirl :-)

Cxx

Anonymous said...

Here's mine:


SOUNDTRACK OF YOUR LIFE:

1.)OPENING CREDITS: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Theme Song--Nerf Herder

2.)WAKING UP SCENE: St. Jimmy--Green Day

3.)CAR DRIVING SCENE: Little Deuce Coup--The Beach Boys

4.)HIGH SCHOOL FLASHBACK SCENE: Smells Like Teen Spirit--Nirvana

5.)NOSTALGIC SCENE: Stand By Me--Ben E. King

6.)BITTER, ANGRY SCENE: Some Fucking Shit Ass--Life, Sex, Death

7.)BREAK-UP SCENE: I Want To Know What Love Is--Foreigner

8.)REGRET SCENE: Layne--Aaron Lewis (Staind)

9.)NIGHTCLUB/BAR SCENE: Me N' Yer Girl--Phunk Junkeez

10.)FIGHT/ACTION SCENE: Flash Gordon--Queen

11.)LAWN MOWING SCENE: Bowl God--Kid Rock

12.)SAD, BREAKDOWN SCENE: Cat's in the Cradle--Harry Chapin

13.)DEATH SCENE: My Immortal--Evanescence

14.)FUNERAL SCENE: It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday--Boyz II Men

15.)MELLOW/POT SMOKING SCENE: Because I Got High--Afroman

16.)DREAMING ABOUT SOMEONE SCENE: Girls--Beastie Boys

17.)SEX SCENE: Closer (Fuck You Like An Animal)--Nine Inch Nails

18.)CONTEMPLATION SCENE: Turn The Page--Steve Miller/Metallica

19.)CHASE SCENE: Indiana Jones Theme Song--John Williams (Indiana Jones Soundtrack)

20.)HAPPY LOVE SCENE: Mahnahmahnah!--The Muppets

21.)HAPPY FRIEND SCENE: Log--Ren and Stimpy

22.)CLOSING CREDITS: Sammy L. Jackson--Hot Action Cop


MIKE D

Darth Weasel said...

don't take this wrong, Mike D...but when I saw that line, "My friend Mike D" all I could think of was the Beastie Boys song...I am a sad, sad little human. Well, okay, so I am not so little...

Green tea said...

Love it..
this sent me to You Tube :D

Jessica said...

Well, you could have used the same answer in #17 and #7!!!

I may have to do this. It will take some thinking...

JLee said...

Wow, that is very interesting! It would indeed take some time/thought. I can't believe that's Claire Danes in that photo. ha

vivavavoom said...

goes along with my post of the 80's very well. I will fill this one out when this teenager of the 80's rests her almost 40 year old brain cells for the night! I think I killed half of them in the 80's!