Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Top 10 Tuesday
Taking the lead from Joey again...
It's only 8 days until our organization's first-ever gala dinner, and I can't fucking wait until it's over. Try squeezing your first signature event into 3 1/2 months with grumpy people and tell me how YOU do!
So here are 10 things I definitely won't miss...
1. At the top of my list, the Monday Horror Meetings. They're DONE! FINITO! NO MORE!! That shriek you heard earlier this afternoon from downtown Portland was my fucking joyful noise. Today was the last one! THE! LAST! ONE!!!! DESSERT, I tell you!
2. Seeing ye olde bastarde fucke, who claimed to our board that he is "doing all of the work," even though he really hasn't done a goddamned thing except interfere and micromanage, each week at said meetings.
3. Seeing my boss get chewed out by the blond bitch when she decides to show up to the meetings.
4. Hearing, "But this is so close to your guys' walk!" when people are asked to help us sell tickets.
5. Having people call and ask if they can get in - TO A FUNDRAISER - for free.
6. Going downtown to an old person's wannabe snooty club for the meetings.
7. Almost getting rear-ended in the parking garage of this club by teenagers driving their parents' Mercedes.
8. Hearing people ask (mind you, the same people, asking over and over), "How is the event going?" and having to make a polite reply, instead of saying, "It fucking sucks and I hate my life and can't wait until this is over!"
9. Having to refer to an ex-politician as "Senator so-and-so," because - hey! - he's no longer a senator. He lost. I voted for his opponent. I know this is what's done, but I still think it's stupid. You don't call an ex your current partner, do you?
10. Hearing, "When we do this next year..." Because if we do this next year, things will be different - different timing, different committee, different circumstances - or I'll go home and eat enough cheese enchiladas to make myself explode, thereby not having to be on the planning committee.
I told my boss I am bringing in a huge cake the day after the event. And both of us are going to eat the whole thing.