Tuesday, June 21, 2011
One more reason I'm glad I am not single...
I have friends of all ages. Among my single friends, I hear a lot about how much it sucks to date (been there, totally understand.) But I cannot keep up with my 20-something friends and their dates.
I'm thinking of two female friends in particular - we're like a classier version of Sex in the City (I know, not hard to do) and I'm Samantha, because I'm old, compared to them. Literally a week can go by and I'll ask about the latest Mr. Fantastic (not his real name), and the reply will come back (via text, of course), "No, this is another guy. Mr. Fantastic turned out to be a douchebag!"
I'm guessing they'll both go through many douchebags, because that's how dating is. (Note to all of my exes out there who are douchebags: I hope you all found those bottles of conditioner.)
Prior to meeting Mr. RK, I had dates where (and I am not making this up):
- Someone was so forward that I made sure he would never call me again by telling him I was into bondage.
- A divorced someone made me dinner and then pulled out his wedding album.
- Someone mentioned that he wanted to date (read: sleep with) me AND my best friend. At the same time.
- Someone flatout said he wanted me to be his "trophy girlfriend." (Guess who went home and slept alone that night?)
- Someone said he could never get serious about me (this, on the first date) because my hair wasn't a dark enough shade of brown. (He also said he liked Vanilla Ice, so this was no big loss.)
So glad I am not doing it. I have told Mr. RK that, God forbid anything happens to him (or if he decides he is gay), I'd never date again.
I'd just get a lifetime membership at Mr. Peeps.