Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Next time, include a return address


We got our first piece of hatemail from our annual appeal at work today.

Now occasionally we get a request to remove people from our mailing list, but this was a new one.

Based on what was written on the donation card, I'm guessing our hater was an adult during the 1970s:

"You STINK!"

S/he also wrote:

"You don't care about people!"

"You're just as bad as (another nonprofit where people do a lot of work for relatively little money, and also provide services for free.)!"

And a few other insults, as well as:
"Take me off your list!"

Funny thing is...it was sent anonymously.

Seriously, I needed that laugh today!

Speaking of being removed from lists (and laughing), I got this note - no joke - from one of our volunteers:

"Flora W. would like to be removed from the mailing list, as she has died. She lives in Corona, California."

Happy Tuesday!

20 comments:

Lulú said...

OMG, that's priceless! LOL

Lynn said...

Isn't that interesting that Flora W. reached out from the grave to ask to be removed from your mailing list. :) And that other person? People never cease to amaze me.

Darth Weasel said...

bwoohahaha
I note that anonymous not only writes you letters, they also leave some really bizarre comments on some blogs...

Senorita said...

No words......

John McElveen said...

Haa Haaaaaa!!

MSOMN!!! Milk Shot Out My Nose!


Beautimous!

I Died laughing!'

J

Claire said...

Oh sweet Lord in heaven! You meet some inetersteing people, my friend!

Cxx

G said...

Okay, that last one reminded me of this:

My grandfather passed away a few months before I got married in June 1989.

Later that year, the VA sent him a reminder notice to call to set up a doctor's appointment for his heart, since it was over a year since his last appointment.

I thought that this was incredibly funny, especially since that the VA helped pay for his burial.

wigsf3 said...

some people have way too much free time

Riot Kitty said...

Lulu: I thought so :)
Lynn: I had so many laughs over that note!
Darth: True...sometimes I think of reinstating anonymous comments just for the sheer wackiness of reading them.
S: But laughs, I hope?
John: Eew! But glad to make you laugh.
Claire: Oh yes I do...
G: Seriously!!!
WIGSF: That is more true than I want to contemplate.

Mama Zen said...

I guess the dead don't like to get mail!

LL Cool Joe said...

This cracked me up. :D

Riot Kitty said...

MZ: Yeah, it's probably pretty inconvenient :)
Joey: Yay! I'm glad.

Aliceson said...

Wow, and a Happy Holidays to them too!

Ally said...

Wow, sorry, I had to laugh at "you stink" ... What are you? 10?

I love the lol cat above by the way!

Riot Kitty said...

Aliceson: I know, right? :)
Ally: Exactly!

Green Tea said...

Some people just need something to gripe about Kitty..

Have a very happy New years..I am gonna watch the ball drop in my PJ's.
Hubba will be a sleep by 9:00 :0

Shionge said...

Happy New Year RK :D

Riot Kitty said...

GT and S: Happy New Year!

Granny Annie said...

God bless the crazy people:)

Anil P said...

Someone somewhere to take things out on, but sad nonetheless!