Monday, November 09, 2009

Is it me...or is this just wrong?!


"Oh my gosh...I'm a perverted bunny!"

I may no longer be a reporter (and thank God for that), but I'm still a news junkie. I read stories whenever I have breaks, before work, and after work.

The most disturbing headline I've ever seen appeared on Google news today:

Researchers Regrow Functional Penis in Rabbits

Huh?

I e-mailed it to my brother who wrote back, "That's just...yeow!"

Seriously.

Then I saw this beauty later on:

Engineered Rabbit Penises Raise Human Hopes

*Don't tell me that was an accident. These are stories, apparently, about a solution for erectile dysfunction.*


My question is - what scientist came up with this? And how many joints did s/he smoke first?

Can you imagine writing a grant proposal to get money to study...rabbit dicks?

Or putting it on a resume?

I thought not.

10 comments:

Scarlet said...

Silly rabbits, dicks are for...

I can't believe this!!!

Lynn said...

Why rabbits, I wonder? Oh, now I remember...

LL Cool Joe said...

I often wonder how some people work in the areas they do. Do you just wake up one morning and decide you are going to become an expert on Bunny Dicks? Aw that's almost cute.

Darth Weasel said...

I just like that they, uh..."raised" it.

I wonder who got that wonderful job

Aliceson said...

Bunnies get ED too?

JLee said...

lol Scarlet!!
I didn't think rabbits had ANY trouble with erectile dysfunction ;)

Claire said...

Oh man, that ain't right.

Cxx

Fireblossom said...

Laffin @ Scarlet. :-)

I was here before but words failed me. I guess I'll just say that I'm opposed to any and all animal testing. I think it is arrogant to think that we have the right to hurt and kill creatures who want their lives as much as we want ours, for our own gain. I get it that this article is sort of funny. And ridiculous. But I am also thinking, to cure or fix a test animal, you first have to infect or maim it. It's wrong.

Fireblossom said...

PS--when I say "for our own gain", I mean to further our knowledge or simply satisfy our curiosity.

Wild Child said...

No question, it was a male scientist and you know it. Women don't give a damn.