Thursday, August 20, 2009
Top Ten Thursday
Joey started the idea of a Top Ten Tuesday blog, so let's think of this as Top Ten Tuesday Plus Two. And it's going to be about - you guessed it! - the top ten things that have irritated me this week.
Sorry, I've got to vent somewhere.
1. Raging PMS. I didn't sign up for this when I was born! WTF?
2. The volunteer in some remote part of the state who kept me on the phone because she couldn't believe my office no longer had a banner that we had lent her three years ago.
Me: "If you go to your local printer-"
Her: "But really, I have a picture of it, it looked very nice."
Me: "I'm sure it did. And if you want to get another one-"
Her: "You really don't have it?"
3. This brings me to what pisses me off EVERY Tuesday, Thursday, and every other day of my life: WHY DO people ask you something twelve different ways when they already know the answer? I can picture it now: "Oh yes! The banner! Well, it turns out we actually DO still have it, because you asked me for the seventh time! Cheers!"
4. Which brings me to another one of my pet peeves: people who suck up my time with insignificant bullshit. Why are the meaningless conversations always the longest ones?
5. Which reminds me of the next one: the phone. I HATE YOU!!! You wait until my boss is gone for two weeks and all of the volunteers have gone home, and then you ring, ring, ring, and ring again. And then when I have volunteers in to answer you, you're silent. How's them pickins?
6. Kaiser (sorry, Phil.) You reschedule my doctor's appointment AGAIN, after you already rescheduled once and I waited an entire month, and now you can't find a female doctor for me unless I wait another month, and the only reason I need the appointment is to refill the damn prescription, of which no refills remain, so I can't wait another month, you fuckheads.
7. The weather. Why do you get hot when I am already cranky? Can't you see it makes me even crankier, and more in need of the justification for more DQ?
8. DQ: Why do you have to be so close and so tempting? (OK, it's only my total lack of willpower that pisses me off.)
9. Tom Ridge. Why does it take a book deal for you to have a moral reckoning? You and all of the other ex-Bushies who didn't have the moral courage or guts to speak out at the time of the scare tactics and other illegal shenanigans that went on in that clownhouse.
10. The people who are questioning the gender of superb female athlete Caster Semenya, of South Africa, because she is kicking ass. Oh wait - she's doing so well that she must not really be a girl! Go soak your heads, you sexist motherfuckers. By the way, Joey sparked a great conversation about this.
Ta ta for now! I'm going to go eat my Peanut Buster Parfait.