Sunday, April 11, 2010
Answers to the pop quiz
So far, three of you are at a tie for first place, guessing three out of ten. So if you would like a chocolate bar, let me know, G, Shay, and WIGSF.
Here are the answers:
1. he could lick 'em by smiling
he could leave 'em to hang
David Bowie, Ziggie Stardust
2. There was a time you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
Leonard Cohen, Hallelujah
3. she's just a corn-fed white-bred chick
born in the right zip code
she comes with a gold card
she'll never have to pay for it
Veruca Salt, Best You Can Get
4. No evolution
Sometimes it depresses me
The same old same
We keep repeating history
Garbage, Sex is Not the Enemy
5. Feel the breeze deep on the inside look you down into your well
If you can you'll see the world in all his fire
Duran Duran, Save a Prayer
6. I hope my legs don't break
walking on the moon
The Police, Walking on the Moon
7. And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt
Johnny Cash, Sunday Morning Coming Down
Apparently also done (first) by Kris Kristofferson
8. You were always spoiled with a thousand toys but still you cried all night.
Your mother who neglected you owes a million dollars tax.
Rolling Stones, 19th Nervous Breakdown
9. Good morning, I'm leaving
And I'll be back in a few days
But that's just the way it is, you know
Sheryl Crow, Hole in My Pocket
10. Ja ne sais pas ce que je
Veux mais je l'aurai
Je veux semer la terreur dans la rue
Sex Pistols, L'Anarchie Pour Le UK
Which is Anarchy in the UK in French!