Monday, February 25, 2013

Things I would really, really like to say, but won't

Except here. Now, I should state that the bulk of people are fantastic advocates. A handful are a huge pain in the ass and time vampires and did I mention I have PMS? And will be happy when the upcoming event is over? Because I am SO tired of hearing:

"Where are we meeting (at the event)?"
At the place listed, address included, on the registration form that you filled out.

"Where exactly is the building?
On the map I emailed you. Twice.

"Can you send me a list of bullet points about that legislation?"
For the third time, or the fourth?

"I know the registration deadline was two weeks ago, and you're full, but can't you make an exception for me?"
Why, yes! I can physically expand the room we're in and miraculously clear legislative calendars, just to make room for you!

"When is it again?"
The times are listed on the same form you filled out and then, apparently, burned, so you could bother me.

"Should I bring quarters for parking?"
Maybe you could skateboard and save yourself the trouble.

"But I don't want to wait until (X time) to meet with (legislator X.) Couldn't you get me something earlier?"
Yes, I could have, but I decided that you had nothing better to do. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're in the middle of a legislative session and their calendars are extremely tight.

"Why can't I meet with (legislator X) even though I don't live in his/her district?"
Because I don't like you, that's why.

Wish me luck...and patience. The other night, as we were watching Dr. Who, I heard my new favorite quote: "Patience is for wimps!"

Mr. RK said, "You have found your spirit guide!"



19 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish you lots and lots of luck, AND any patience you can muster up,too....

Lynn said...

Oh my - good luck. That does take lots of patience. :)

Elephant's Child said...

Aaaargh. It does sound as if there are too many oxygen thieves in your life right now. Good luck. Deep breaths. And chocolate.

G. B. Miller said...

And this is where a 2nd language comes in real handy.

Or,

If that doesn't work, try listening to Al Yankovic's hilarious song called "One More Minute".

It perfectly fits not only this post but your current state of mind.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope your jaw doesn't start to ache from the clenched teeth! Hold on, Riot Kitty, hold on! Don't get out the machine gun just yet.

Workingdan said...

So where is this event again? What time?

You must have a great deal of patience!

LL Cool Joe said...

But you love it really, if nothing else it makes a great post!

Remind me what job you do again? ;)

Rock Chef said...

In the future, can you email me your blog posts so I don't have to look for them - and do it before you post it so I can get the first comment in every time? Thanks!

Birdie said...

This is the reason I love my job. I work alone.

Cperz said...

Holy hell, if I had your job, I would have to be committed. Although, I suppose that after I told some one to...well you know..I would get fired anyway.

Ileana said...

Oh, if only they could hear what you're thinking, chica. :)

I love the patience quote...and I will have to remember it! lol

Riot Kitty said...

Thanks to everyone for the laughs and encouragement...and RC, I thought you were serious for a sec. ;)

And TEC, I will totally use "oxygen thieves" in a sentence sometime soon!

Riot Kitty said...

Oh, and GB - that song is great~! And fitting.

Rock Chef said...

Hahaha!

Shionge said...

Hiya RK!!!! I came across someone who refuses to note the time & date of event and will keep calling and calling and calling just to confirm date and time of event :*( idiot!!

:) Now I am feeling better and yes, let's test our patience ya :D

Granny Annie said...

Awe the good old days of being gainfully employed:)

A Beer for the Shower said...

If I answered stupid questions honestly I wouldn't have any friends, I'd be excommunicated from my family, and I'd have been unemployed much sooner than I am now.

Charles Gramlich said...

You sound like my wife after she's told someone for the fourth time how to find something or do something. It is definitely frustrating. I get it through teaching.

Riot Kitty said...

RC: True.
Shionge: Yeah, I hate that too!
GA: Miss it, do you? :)
ABFTS: Excommunicated for sure - we're part Swiss. I'd also not be allowed to be a Virgo anymore.
CG: You much have the patient of a saint.