Especially if you're in a small village...
1. There are adulterers and swingers everywhere.
2. Despite the fact that there are many break-ins and burglaries, everyone's door is either open, easy to break open, or has a spare key in a conspicuous location nearby.
3. Everyone has buckets and buckets of booze around the house.
4. For a country so obsessed with gun control, everyone in the village seems to have a pistol or shotgun.
5. Every third person seems to have an illegitimate child, bringing to mind the fact that...
6. No one seems to know about contraception.
7. Archery - and death by bow and arrow - seems common. Why so many bows and arrows? Do they all fancy themselves Robinhood?
8. There's an obsession with showing actual caskets going into the ground, even after we're shown the bodies time and time again, as if to say, "See? There's been a death! Really!"
9. Men are shown "full backal" (brownie points if you get that reference) 10 times more than women are. And the asses are not that great.
10. No matter how many episodes have multiple murders, burglaries, affairs, and illegitimate children, the characters always say, "But it's always been such a quiet village until now."
Obviously, living in the country makes you nuts.