Saturday, November 05, 2011

Probably a dumb question, but why is my noodle boot so shrivelled?


That sounds perverted, but according to Mr. RK, it isn't.

A noodle boot is, I am assured by him, the technical term for part of a bicycle's braking system.

I am obviously just a pervert. Really, I thought to myself this morning, I should be here writing about the Occupy protests or something socially important. Then I thought, "Nah, innuendo is always good."

Is it just me? Yesterday during a training about social services, the trainer (who is also my friend and also a pervert) said, "It's all about finding the right package." Believe it or not, I did not giggle.

When we started by doing introductions, we thought about using an icebreaker exercise that involves sharing your "guilty pleasure." We decided not to, since the last time my friend did a training and used that exercise, one of the participants said, "I like to go smoke lots of pot!" Great.

So I said, "How about we share our name and an innocent pleasure?"

She shot back, "Do you have any?"

Speaking of innuendo, one of the most challenging work situations I ran into happened back when I was working in PR. A client whose first language was not English hired us to redo her web site - and there was a part on the site that said how much they enjoyed servicing their customers.

Seriously.

I told my boss, "I'll let you handle that one."



12 comments:

Ileana said...

You'd be so much fun to work with! :)

LL Cool Joe said...

Only you, only you! But we wouldn't have you any other way.

Now there's another innuendo for you to get your teeth into.

and other one.

Oh I could carry on all day... as the actress said to the bishop..

G. B. Miller said...

Inn? U? N Do?

okay, not my best, but I've been out of practice this week.

Claire said...

Hee! I *always* crack up at innuendo, which often makes me look insane, as I am frequently surrounded by eight years, who don't understand it at all (and nor should they!). No wonder they think I'm crazy!

Cxx

Lynn said...

So funny. :)

Riot Kitty said...

S: Thank you! My volunteers and I do have a lot of laughs. You have to in our line of work.
Joey: Excellent!
G: Got it ;)
C: That's hilarious, actully!
L: I thought so. I like making other people laugh, too. Usually by making fun of myself.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Actually, I'm disappointed it wasn't a Doc Marten made out of lasagna.

Riot Kitty said...

ABFTS: That is a great idea!

Shionge said...

Not that's a tough job to be servicing customers hehehehe...

Riot Kitty said...

S: Not a job I would want to have!

Logical Libby said...

That is the BEST blog cut line EVER!!!

Riot Kitty said...

L: Thanks! I thought so. But I stole it from a biking forum.