Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Moo and Oink

It's already Thursday in the UK, home of the darling Claire, who posts "Things I like Thursday." I'm unable to stay awake for another 90 minutes until it's truly Thursday here, so I'm going on Greenwich Mean Time.

Something I like quite a lot, as you may have noticed, is laughing. I love laughing and I love making people laugh - usually I only manage to do this by self-deprecating means - but I really do think it heals and helps in trying times as well.

So if you need a laugh today, or just *want* a laugh today, watch this short commercial from the 80s. My friend K, who is from Chicago, found this for me - it's a real commercial from a real store in Chicago! Check out the bad 80s clothes and hair, and rapping with giant farm animals! (Yes, we're all nuts out here in the Northwest.)






13 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Yep it's 6.50am here in the UK. Time to wake up! Claire must get up early too.

That advert is sooo bad that it's almost good. Ok no, not good, but some of those caps are back in fashion now!

Claire said...

Morning! That commercial has pretty much made my day. :)

Cxx

Lynn said...

I'm awake now!

I think that commercial is brilliant and it would totally make me go there. :)

Holland said...

Moo and Oink, and the guy is schlepping the chicken wings into a bag.... lol

Jeannie said...

Gotta love some of those bad commercials.

Granny Annie said...

Now it is actually Thursday here and I am awake to clean house before my housekeeper gets here. LOL

Now PETA had to have something to say about THAT commercial. I do loves me some moo and oink and fish and chicken (just not my chickens).

A Beer for the Shower said...

Not to be a dick, being a current Chicagoan, but given the hilarious terribleness of this commercial, I'm not surprised at the neighborhood locations of this store.

Memphis said...

Holy crap, I can't believe there was ever a store named Moo and Oink and that they ever had enough business to afford a commercial. That was awful!!! HA HA! And being in Memphis, I second what Beer for the Shower said. We have terrible commercials like that here, too, and it's the same people.

Riot Kitty said...

Joey: I didn't realize that about the caps, but yes!
C: Great!
L: Me too. My friend said they were going out of business, which made me sad :(
H: I didn't even think of that...so they should add "buck."
J: I did love this one.
GA: I would love to send it to PETA just to get under their skin (and I am a vegetarian.)
ABFTS: I'll have to ask my friend from Chicago about that!
MS: I am pretty sure that was more or less a homemade commercial. Send me some of your local commercials!

Shionge said...

Yo..laughter is contagious and I love it....spreading some cheers and laughter to you RK :D

Riot Kitty said...

S: Thanks!

Darth Weasel said...

sadly, I am probably the only one who saw no bad hair in that commercial..

Riot Kitty said...

Darth: Yep, you are the only one!