Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween 2.0

Too many funny things happened yesterday not to write about them. Also because I'm feeling rather grumpy, as today was much less funny, so here is an effort to un-grump.

First of all, how awesome was it that Ghostbusters was in the theater again for one night? There was no advertising about it here, I just happened to hear about it on the radio a couple of weeks ago, search it out and get tickets. The theater was only about two-thirds full - full of die-hard 80s dorks like myself and Mr. RK. (And yes, they really are releasing Ghostbusters 3 next year!)

It was funny to watch it as an adult - I got all the innuendo this time. At least I think I did.

So if you have watched that movie even once, you'll remember the exchange about dicklessness.

And what do you think the one line was that the audience recited back to the screen last night?

"It's true. This man has no dick."

Then we all roared.

Meanwhile, across town, Mr. RK's co-worker answered the door and a man dressed as a zombie just stood there, looking stoned. Finally he recognized the zombie as a former co-worker and said (in front of other parents and kids waiting for trick-or-treating), "Hey man! Come in and have a beer!"

Quickly the word spread. "They're giving away beer?"

Happy All Saints Day.





11 comments:

Robert Tres said...

I heard that the best way to watch Ghostbusters is with a pirate, a frenchman, and a linguist. That's just what I heard.

Claire said...

Ha! Sounds like a great way to have a giggle.

Cxx

Ileana said...

Wish I would've done something fun and spontaneous like that (even though you did have to order the tickets in advance!). I love those 80s flicks...and I don't remember one line from that movie.

Beer as a treat? LOL I'd give out mini wine bottles to my cool friends if they popped over for Halloween. :)

Lynn said...

So will Bill Murray be in Ghostbusters 3??? I love him. I think that is very cool way to spend Halloween, my friend. Hope you are well and happy today.

Anonymous said...

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Granny Annie said...

Ghostbusters the original. That's all there should be.

Riot Kitty said...

RT: Is true.
C: I had many!
S: My mother played that movie every fucking day as background noise when I was in 6th grade. No joke. So unfortunately, I know just about every line!
L: He is the only one who hasn't committed yet! But I will keep you posted.
WIFSF: Yes! Bonus points for you! There is no WIGSF, only Zool!
GA: Part 2 was pretty terrible. At least I thought so when it came out.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Can't wait for Ghostbusters 3. And you've just planted the seed for next year's trick-or-treaters. Do you think an amber ale or a creamy stout would pair best with Milk Duds?

Anonymous said...

At least someone had a good halloween. I had coffee, cheese cake, then got stoned a little too much, then paranoia, then nausea, then running out into the rooftop when it rained 'cause I thought the world was running out of water, and therefore my only chance of survival was to drink the rain. :\

As for innuendo, when I was kid I heard the barbie song, and it was just an annoying song then, but when I listen to it now, the amount of hints dropped in is insane! Or is it just me?

Riot Kitty said...

ABFTS: If I were still drinking, I'd be partial to Guiness ;)
FF: The only part I envy is the cheesecake. I've never heard the Barbie song, can you post the lyrics? :)

Marnie said...

I loved Ghostbusters! Esp. that scene where they guy fast forwards the 20 minute workout to get it done in 10 minutes...hilarious.