Tuesday, September 13, 2011
WTF Wednesday (almost)
So there are three more hours in my time zone before Wednesday hits, but close enough. I stole this meme from Red (who, oddly enough, is actually a brunette now.)
I have plenty of WTFs to WTF?! about, but here are a handful from event week (there is a dinner I am in charge of tomorrow night, and I feel like the cat up here):
It's the day before the event. You suddenly want....
1) To get in touch about the emcee role you promised way back when but didn't bother to get back to the event manager about for the past few days, until someone with some influence made you call about it and recommit. Then you want two more free seats. WTF!
2) Another option for dinner. Because the meat one and the vegetarian one and the vegan one aren't enough, damn it, you want a BUFFET! Never mind that you are in a fancy hotel! WTF?!
3) To bring eight people when you said you were bringing two. And have them all sit together. WTF!
4) To not get back to the event manager about how many spots you are filling at your table, even though her nonprofit has to pay for each spot you might take. WTF!
5) To do a half-ass donation when you promised a full donation of beverages - AND you make the event manager's co-worker drive an hour each way to pick it up. WTF!
By the way...I'm the event manager.
Also - the cure for all of this is lots of ice cream. Trust me!