Sunday, February 06, 2011

The only reason I care about the Super Bowl


OK, I don't really care about the Super Bowl (no offense to football fans), but I should say the only reason I *think* about the Super Bowl is my friend Mike D.

Mike and I met on an off chance on Super Bowl weekend in 1998. I was down for a weekend in Washington, D.C., where I was planning to move from New York City, having just graduated from college. Mike and I had mutual friends and by pure chance the friend I was staying with invited him out to dinner with us.

We hit it off instantly. I never moved to D.C. - in fact I moved across the country about a month later - but Mike and I have remained good friends since then.

(I took this picture from a trip to NYC last summer. I know he won't hate me for posting it, because for awhile, it was on his Facebook page. You've got to love someone who can look at Dino like that.)

Some people come and go, but Mike, you are a keeper. I wish you lived closer, and I am so happy you are my friend!

Happy friend-iversary!

11 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Aww a mushy post from RK! :D

I'm glad you have Mike as a friend. :)

Ileana said...

Sweet. He looks like a lot of fun! That pic is fantastic! :)

Lynn said...

I like that term - friend-iversary. :) Mike looks fun!

Granny Annie said...

I knew all along that you are a marshmallow:)

Mike_D said...

Awww...

Thanks! That's sweet! I am one loveable bastard!!

Happy "Anniversary!!!"

Aliceson said...

Good friends are hard to come by. :)

I don't give a rip about the Super bowl either but the Packer fans around here today are on cloud nine.

Full-On-Forward said...

What an awesome tribute to a great friend!

J

G. B. Miller said...

Funky time post. So warm, so endearing, so much a Kodak moment. :D

Anil P said...

That pic, he seems very happy-go-lucky and endearing. Good friends are never easy to come by.

Riot Kitty said...

Mike: Not a bastard, but loveable ;)

Yes, everyone, he is cool!

Green Tea said...

How sweet..not many females can have a male friend.
Shows that he is a keeper :)