Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Speaking of politcal propaganda...


I was thrilled that so many people in my state turned out to vote in this primary - and that we picked Obama by a LANDSLIDE. Mr. Riot Kitty and I were watching an interview with Hillary Clinton's Oregon director as the polls came in. Classic:

Reporter: So are you at least ready to concede Oregon?
Hillary Director: We're going to wait until the latest numbers come in...

*Flash to the latest numbers, showing Obama leading, 60% to 40%*

I can't help but be thrilled that Republicans "sat this one out," as The Oregonian put it, because the GOP in my state and nationally has been so poisonous for so long.

Would you believe that a Republican president (Ike) had warned against building up the military industrial complex? Had created a national parks system (TR)? Had funded the arts (Nixon)?

These people aren't really Republicans, my conservative acquaintances tell me - they're neocons who are pretending to sell out to born-agains.

But just to lighten the mood, I've included a picture of my favorite candidate...

6 comments:

Darth Weasel said...

sorry, my vote goes to Fozzy. He is fuzzy, funny, and references one of the lames....err, COOLEST characters in all of tv-dom.

JLee said...

Go Bert!! Although Ernie was my favorite :)

vivavavoom said...

YAY Oregon!! Do you think Bert is the top or the bottom ...(no way did i just write that)

Mr. Riot Kitty said...

From Bert according to his ability, to Bert according to his need

Jessica said...

Bert looks all tough and shit in this poster!!!

If you really want to be disturbed my Muppets character, go on You Tube and type in Kermit Hurt and you'll never look at that green frog the same...

Riot Kitty said...

I have SEEN that Kermit Hurt video - bwahaha!