Friday, November 30, 2007

Definitely barking up the wrong tree

I stay in touch with a couple of legislators from my days as a political reporter - Democrats and Republicans.

Nevertheless, I was surprised to get an e-mail of introduction from a newly appointed GOP representative in Southwest Washington who has gone out of her way to speak against, among other things, gay rights.

So I kindly replied to her e-mail:

I don't know how you got my e-mail address, but I'm a die-hard, pro-choice, advocate of same-sex marriage, who's a liberal in Oregon, so you probably don't want me on your mailing list.

*Can't wait to see if and how she responds!* Chuckle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, she isn't nearly as humiliating as her predecessor. (Of course she's only been in office for 3 days now, so give her time.

JLee said...

You'll probably get one that simply says "never mind" haha