Watching Vasil and Mandrake, we've figured out the Rules of Cat:
1. If you get irritated, WHAP! SMACK! BOOM! MEOW! Then, no hard feelings.
2. Eat when you are hungry. Get someone else to serve it for you, as well as clean up the dishes.
3. Sleep when you are tired.
4. Cuddle when you need cuddling.
5. Keep yourself immaculately clean, but leave the rest of the cleaning to others.
6. If you see a soft blanket or sweater, take it. The owner will understand. Finders, keepers. (Note: this rule does not apply, in reverse, to humans.)
7. You're never too old or too tired to enjoy a fun toy.
8. Assume you will be forgiven for having the occasional crazies.
9. When you need anything, make some noise!
10. When in doubt, play on your cuteness. Then you can get away with just about anything.
I think they have figured out a much better system than ours.