- What do you really want for Christmas but you know nobody will get it for you?
- What do you not want for Christmas but you know that somebody will get it for you?
A religious card
- When do you open your gifts (Christmas Eve or Christmas morning)?
- Do you prefer gifts wrapped or in gift bags?
I don't like wrapping paper - it seems environmentally unfriendly. However, Mr. RK usually does all kinds of obnoxious things when wrapping presents, presumably to ensure that the recipient doesn't open it easily. In past years, his family tells me this has included glue, sewing, etc.
- Did you re-gift anything this year?
No. When I re-gift, I say it's a re-gift and it's an extra.
- What’s your favourite Christmas movie
A Charlie Brown Christmas
- What’s your favourite Christmas TV special?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Do you like eggnog?
In a word: yuck. (That means no.)
- Real tree or fake tree, which do you prefer?
Neither, because my cats like to eat them both. Ask me about one year's 24-hour-emergency vet bill when the Fluffy White Fuck was alive.
- Would you actually use one of those fireplace DVDs if you don’t have a fireplace?
What is a fireplace DVD? Inquiring minds want to know!
- Are you sick of Christmas music yet?
See earlier post. In two words: fuck yes! I was sick of it before it started. Why? Same 12 songs every year, and most of them are annoying.
- Are you getting up early to wait in line to do some Boxing Day shopping (Canada’s equivalent to Black Friday)
No, because I don't live in Canada. Also I hate shopping.
- When was the last time you sat on Santa’s lap?
I have actually never sat on Santa's lap. My parents told us growing up that Santa was not real*, so why would I want to sit on the lap of some stranger in a funny red suit? We were, of course, sworn to secrecy, but guess who went to school and told all of her kindergarten friends that Santa was a fake?
*Ditto for the Easter Bunny. But I was allowed to believe in the tooth fairy until the fourth grade! Go figure.