Friday, July 15, 2011
I've had a bit of blogger's block (that's writer's block, but only when it comes to blogging) and then I realized that some really weird shit has happened this week.
So guess what the topic of today's post is?
Some of the freaky things that happened:
1. Mr. RK came home with a box full of shark's teeth that a coworker found in a rural area about 20 miles from here, that used to be underwater. She literally just came up to him and said, "Here, have these."
2. I have less fingernail material than I did at this time yesterday. This was unintentional but totally my fault. Tip for the uninitiated: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TRY TO REMOVE YOUR SHELLAC MANICURE AT HOME.
3. One day after several days of vacation, I get sick enough to miss work.
4. The day after that (today), I find out my review is coming up. Someone has a sick sense of humor.
5. One of my colleagues got bitten by a dog - the same dog - twice in two days. It's an "emotional support animal" that one of her employees insists on bringing to work. And even after it bit my friend, the employee didn't see why there was a problem with her bringing it to work. Hence the second bite. The dog is now banned, but the employee does not understand why. I am not making this up.
Mr. RK suggested that she bite the dog. She said she is thinking about it.
I'd be more tempted to bite the owner.
6. And this one is just embarrassing - remember how, when I had lunch with someone a couple of weeks ago, I thought he said, "I got laid last night?" when he said he was doing Jenny Craig and got weighed last night? We met for dinner and I asked him, joking, "So! Did you get laid last night?"
Guess who forgot the lunch episode and didn't get the joke?
Any strange stuff happening in your neck of the woods?