Saturday, July 31, 2010
20 questions meme
I stole this from Grannie Annie, who had some really interesting answers!
I forget who does and doesn't like to be tagged, so please feel free to do it if you like. I love to see other peoples' answers :)
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing that you thought? Oh my GOD, only Mr. RK could see my hair like this and still love me without throwing up.
2. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss my friend Ward, who died in 2003.
3. If you could move anywhere else, would you? Depends. I'm happy here but have always wanted to live in the UK.
4. If you could choose, what would your last meal be? Cheese enchiladas with this addictive serrano pepper sauce that I get at our favorite Mexican restaurant.
5. What famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Jesus. I'd want to know what he thinks of the neocons, Joel Osteen, and people who say "God wants you to be rich."
6. What was the last book you read? A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie.
7. What was the last movie you watched? Despicable Me
8. What was the last song you heard? Something on the radio that I did not recognize.
9. What’s your dream vacation? Going to Ireland and Scotland with Mr. RK, and stopping in England to say hi to Chella and Sarah, Claire, and Joey.
10. What is the next trip you’ll take? Not sure. Probably down to CA to visit my family for Halloween.
11. Did you ever go to camp? No, and I never wanted to.
12. Have you ever been in love? But of course! That cheesecake was divine... ;)
13. What do you want to know about the future? So many things, I don't know where to begin. I'm a curious sort of person.
14. Where is your best friend? Putting the sheets in the dryer!
15. How is your best friend? A bit tired from a 25-mile bike ride
16. Who is the biggest gossiper you know? A volunteer in my organization that I try not to talk to very much 'cause she never shuts up.
17. What does your last text message say? "Good"
18. What are 3 things you’ve always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish? Publish my book (I hope!), start a volunteer GED program, and visit South America
19. What is one thing you’ve learned from your parents? From my dad, life is short. Do your best to be the best person you can be and be compassionate to other people. From my biological mother - inadvertently - blood is not thicker than water. Surround yourself with people who love you and make you feel good about yourself.
20. What is one thing you hope to teach your own children? I don't have any, and won't have any, but I hope my little brother and sister grow up to be compassionate and generous and open-minded human beings. They are doing a good job so far!