More things I have learned...
1. If the aristocracy is involved, there will be revelations of surprise children and sometimes incest. (That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Are you my mother?")
2. Revenge is a motive no matter how tenuous. "A bell ringer once ruined my ancestor! Therefore, will kill all the bell ringers in this village, even though it is 300 years hence!" (This was in an episode. Really.)
3. The boytoys and trophy girlfriends are always (surprise!) using the older partners for their money. Hey, at least it gets revealed in fiction, as opposed to real life.
4. A clue that will later reveal the mystery will be found in a book, or a song, or a diary.
5. The friendliest person or the person with the best accent is usually the sociopathic killer.
6. The American accents are terrible! Guys, find American actors to do American parts, and we'll do the same, yeah?
7. Learning the language:"Workshy" equals "lazy bum." This is me improving my British.
8. The murderer, before being found out, will inevitably cry and say, "I loved him/her!" Not as much as a blowup doll, apparently.
9. Even in small counties, public safety offices have TONS of resources. Like enough to spontaneously fly a helicopter to Wales, for instance.
10. You make up the last one. I need some more laughs today.