Wednesday, September 02, 2015

I've been bitching for how long?

I realized last month that I have been blogging for 10 years. (This blog only goes back to 2006; the first one, I started in 2005 and then deleted the year after - for like a week.)

I started this as a place for political ranting, which was driving Mr. RK nuts. We're aligned on 99% of our political thoughts, which mainly come down to the fact that no one has anyone else's best interest in mind, unless you count cronies and megacorporations. I realized eventually that we agreed, so I didn't have to rant as much. Maybe I'm getting mellower, or just old! So it morphed into general ranting.

At some point I found myself inadvertently - and later, on purpose - adding humor to the grumps when I posted. This was therapeutic for me and it surprised me to hear, in a time of family crisis a few years ago, that it was therapeutic for some of you and cheered you up on shitty days as well. That was so cool to find out.

Things are up and down, as always, with work, with family, etc. But I am feeling really spoiled by friends, and that includes you. Merci!

A friend sent me this and told me it was right up my alley! He knows me too well.

It's funny how you can only know people "virtually" and feel like they know you better than many of the people you interact with every day. I am thankful for you all, as you have made my day more times than I can count, when I really felt like going out and stepping on ants.

There, that is your mushy post from me for 2015.

16 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'd stop in there and I don't really drink coffee.

Elephant's Child said...

Mush, with a side-order of snarky reality is always welcome.

G. B. Miller said...

Now that, is a coffee shop I can live at.

Always remember, reality is conceptual.


Father Nature's Corner

Birdie said...

OMG! I love that coffee shop. I hate mornings with a white hot rage that comes from the deepest and darkest part of my soul. I start work at 7:00 because old people have to get up in case they miss something like a car driving by that isn't supposed to be there. And then as soon as I leave they go back to sleep. Fuckers.

Lee said...

That coffee shop was opened just for me. I'd be it's best customer!

Humour helps...what more can I say other than..."humour helps! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE that Coffee Shop! It is PERFECT!!!
And so is your post, my dear.....I like a little mush and humor, too! I hope you keep on ranting and making us laugh. And if I have to wait till sometime in 2016 for a bit of mush, well, I'll wait! Your mush is as good as it gets! (And so are your rants....lol)

agg79 said...

THAT's my kind of shop. Can't wait until they open a franchise over here. Stick that in your Vente cup, Starbucks! I may have to take a side trip there when I ever get back over there. I definitely want to try their "Fuck You Frappuccino".

Congrats on numero 10. I am a few years behind you but catching up. Keep on being that grumpy old lady we all know and love.

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow you've been ranting for years, long before Grumpy cat made if fashionable to be a miserable git. But a bit of mush is always good too, we all need that. I'm not sure what's reality anymore, the real world or the Internet world, but I have to say I find my blogging buddies to be more caring than my real life so called buddies.

Lynn said...

I enjoy your blog very much, my friend. I've been behind on blogging a little and am glad I got to see this post before I head to mountains - makes my day.

Abby said...

Happy Blog anniversary! 10 years, wow. I don't even remember how I found you, but I love the ranting and occasional mush. And I love that coffee shop for telling it like it is.
It's true, I count my blog friends among my closest.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Happy 10 years! Double digits - that's amazing. And hey, we love the snarky, hilarious rants. It's nice to not be the only ones complaining about the idiots in the world.

CraveCute said...

Wow! Ten years of delightful posts! I found your blog a few years ago and your posts have all been wonderful and I'm right there with you on those rants! Thanks for saying the things that I'm unable to say on my mushy blog! That coffee shop was made for me, wish it was in my neighborhood, I'd be there every day!

lotta joy said...

Sixteen years for me, and I realized that I had run out of grumps to gripe about. Now, if I could name names, I'd have another run at it.

lotta joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue Grumpster said...

So you've finally made it to my Grumpy Fuckers' Coffee Shop... Ten years! I'm impressed :))

Now, let's talk politics. I hate politicians. How do you feel about them? ;)

Ileana said...

She's not just witty, sarcastic and entertaining, she has a BIG heart. LOVE you, RK, and your humor and everything else that's gold in you. PS - Do you really step on ants?? ;)